Clinics & Services
All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services”, that is, basic medical treatment. We also provide the following “additional services”
- Child Health Surveillance, together with the Health Visitors.
The Health Visitor is based at Johnstone Health Centre, 60 Quarry Street, Johnstone,
PA5 8EY. Tel: 01505 821308. There is a Baby Drop-In Clinic there on the 1st Friday of each month from 9.30am - 11.00am.
- Contraceptive services including specialist services such as IUCD insertion.
- Maternity Services in the antenatal and post natal period, together with midwives from Paisley Maternity.
- Routine immunisation of children, together with health visitor.
- Immunisation of adults including travel health. Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please ask the practice nurse for more information.
- Cervical Smears.
- Minor surgery eg. freezing of warts and other small skin lesions.
We also hold a contract with Greater Glasgow & Clyde Health Board to provide “enhanced services”:
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk.
- Regular monitoring by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis, bowel and coronary heart disease.
- Ongoing programme of immunisation against MMR for high-risk individuals.
- Minor injury treatment. Osteoporosis & Alcohol screening.